The following is a visual representation of the Closing “Real Estate” process when buying homes as a Nomad. It is part of the Closing process that you’d use for closing on a property.
Closing: Closing “Real Estate”
There are two primary groups of documents that you’ll see at closing. One set for closing the real estate portion of the transaction. And the other for closing the financing portion of the purchase. Let’s look at each step for the real estate portion in more detail. We’ll cover the “Financing” portion in the next stage.
Warning! Logging and tracking tasks is for Premium Nomads only.
- 2 forms of photo ID
- Your checkbook - sometimes there will be a last minute adjustment to the closing numbers resulting in a small shortage that the Title Insurance Company will accept a personal check for
- Your funds required for Closing (usually a certified check)
Mark this task complete when done.
Be sure to bring certified funds, two forms of ID and your checkbook.
Mark this task complete after Closing.
Next: Closing “Financing”
See the Closing “Financing” process next.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This checklist is based on what I personally use with clients in Northern Colorado and is based on the Colorado Real Estate Commission approved Contract to Buy and Sell Real Estate. Please rely on your local real estate agent for how it works in your local real estate market. This process will definitely vary in different States.
The following are improvements I plan to make to this page based on some of my Standard Process Improvement Questions.
Access Locked Content
Upgrade to access additional Premium Nomad resources like:
- Unlimited use of Nomad Calculator Classic
- Track Tasks on Ultimate Nomad Checklists (Outline) BETA
- Access Web-based Bookkeeping and Accounting Application BETA
- Premium Classes
- Asset Protection 101: Overview for Nomads Class
- Asset Protection 102: Document Examples Class
- $6,000 Lease Class
- The Lease Option - The Lease Part II Class
- Fully editable Premium Downloads Personal License
- $6,000 Lease Download in Word format
- Lease-Option Download in Word format
- Rental Application Download in Excel format
- Rental Application Evaluation Worksheet Download in Excel format
- Rental Application Evaluation Criteria Download in Word format
- Move-In Inspection Report Download in Word format
- Nomad Calculator 3™ ALPHA
- James Orr Real Estate Services LLC Client Newsletter
Want to work with Real Estate Investors? If you're a Real Estate Agent or other professional and want to work with real estate investors through your own local real estate investor group, check out our Professional Membership options.