Down Payment is all about being ready for earnest money when you make an offer to buy. It is the fourth step in the Pre-Showings process.
The Down Payment process is shown below.
Warning! Logging and tracking tasks is for Premium Nomads only.
Mark this task as complete once you've watched it.
Mark this task as complete when done.
You will need at least the Earnest Money when you make your offer. You will need the Down Payment and Closing Costs for closing.
Discuss the timing with your Real Estate Broker and/or Lender if you have any concerns.
Mark this task complete when done.
Take a moment to determine where your Cash Reserves are in cash you need money to maintain a property.
Mark this task complete once done.
If you're not doing a Partnership, you can skip this step, but it may also be helpful for you to think about the sources of your Cash Reserves are as well.
Mark this task complete once you've determined how much Cash Reserves you should have with your Partnership.
Mark this task complete once done or if you're not doing this.
- You need to disclose if you have this when we make an offer, so plan for that in advance of making an offer
- You’ll need the down payment and source where the funds came from for most lenders, so plan ahead and communicate with your lender about it
- Legacy Nomads – Talk to your lender early and see what you might need to do if you plan to use/give a gift for a down payment
Once you’ve lined up your Down Payment, you can move on to being prepared for writing an offer by looking over a Mock Contract.
The following are improvements I plan to make to this page based on some of my Standard Process Improvement Questions.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This checklist is based on what I personally use with clients in Northern Colorado. Please rely on your local real estate agent for how it works in your local real estate market. This process will definitely vary in different States.
Access Locked Content
Upgrade to access additional Premium Nomad resources like:
- Unlimited use of Nomad Calculator Classic
- Track Tasks on Ultimate Nomad Checklists (Outline) BETA
- Access Web-based Bookkeeping and Accounting Application BETA
- Premium Classes
- Asset Protection 101: Overview for Nomads Class
- Asset Protection 102: Document Examples Class
- $6,000 Lease Class
- The Lease Option - The Lease Part II Class
- Fully editable Premium Downloads Personal License
- $6,000 Lease Download in Word format
- Lease-Option Download in Word format
- Rental Application Download in Excel format
- Rental Application Evaluation Worksheet Download in Excel format
- Rental Application Evaluation Criteria Download in Word format
- Move-In Inspection Report Download in Word format
- Nomad Calculator 3™ ALPHA
- James Orr Real Estate Services LLC Client Newsletter
Want to work with Real Estate Investors? If you're a Real Estate Agent or other professional and want to work with real estate investors through your own local real estate investor group, check out our Professional Membership options.