Professional Services Provided is all about understanding what your real estate agent does for and what other professional services you are likely to need when buying a home and who provides those other professional services. It is the second step in the First Meeting with your real estate agent process.
Here’s the list of the Professional Services Provided and who provides them in a real estate transaction:
- Appraisal of the Property – Licensed Appraiser
- Assistance with Showings – Realtor® – Any MLS Property
- Condition of the Property – Buyer/Inspector (Not Realtor®)
- Contract Acceptance – Buyer/Seller determines terms of the Contract
- Contract Drafting – Attorney at Law
- Contract Preparation – Realtor® – Fill in blanks
- Home Warranty – Home Warranty Company
- Improvement Location Certificate – Surveyor
- Inspection (Recommended) – Inspector
- Inspector Selection – Buyer
- Legal Advice – Attorney (Prohibited for Realtor®)
- Lender Selection – Buyer
- List of Home Inspectors – Realtor®
- List of Lenders – Realtor® and/or Buyer
- Loan Rate/Term Decision – Buyer
- Market Evaluation Realtor® – Not appraisal
- Megan’s Law (sex offenders) – Buyer and local law enforcement
- Methamphetamine – Industrial Hygienist
- Mold Inspection – Mold Inspector – Environmental Professional
- Negotiations – Realtor®
- Neighborhood Crime (all areas have some) – Local Police or Sheriff
- New Loan – Bank or Your Mortgage Company
- Structural – Structural Engineer
- Survey (not ILC) – Surveyor
- Taxes – CPA or Accountant
- Termites – Termite Inspector
- Title Examination – Title Company or Your Attorney
Warning! Logging and tracking tasks is for Premium Nomads only.
James usually provides this via DocuSign for you to sign electronically along with:
- "Definitions of Working Relationships"
- "Exclusive Right-To-Buy Listing Contract"
- "Brokerage Disclosure Regarding New Construction"
Mark this task complete once you've received it.
Mark complete when done.
Mark complete when done.
Sign these by click on the link in your email and you will receive a copy of the signed documents via DocuSign.
Mark this task as complete when you've signed your documents from your Real Estate Broker via DocuSign.
"YYYY-MM-DD - YOUR NAME - Professional Services Provided.pdf"
Where YYYY = the year, MM = the two digit month, DD = the two digit day of the month and YOUR NAME is your actual name.
For example, mine might look like this:
"2019-04-03 - James Orr - Professional Services Provided.pdf"
Mark as complete when you've saved it to your Dropbox.
Once you’ve gone over these, you can move on to discussing Your Real Estate Goals.
The following are improvements I plan to make to this page based on some of my Standard Process Improvement Questions.
There is additional content on this page that is shown to Pro Members only.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This checklist is based on what I personally use with clients in Northern Colorado. Please rely on your local real estate agent for how it works in your local real estate market. This process will definitely vary in different States.
Access Locked Content
Upgrade to access additional Premium Nomad resources like:
- Unlimited use of Nomad Calculator Classic
- Track Tasks on Ultimate Nomad Checklists (Outline) BETA
- Access Web-based Bookkeeping and Accounting Application BETA
- Premium Classes
- Asset Protection 101: Overview for Nomads Class
- Asset Protection 102: Document Examples Class
- $6,000 Lease Class
- The Lease Option - The Lease Part II Class
- Fully editable Premium Downloads Personal License
- $6,000 Lease Download in Word format
- Lease-Option Download in Word format
- Rental Application Download in Excel format
- Rental Application Evaluation Worksheet Download in Excel format
- Rental Application Evaluation Criteria Download in Word format
- Move-In Inspection Report Download in Word format
- Nomad Calculator 3™ ALPHA
- James Orr Real Estate Services LLC Client Newsletter
Want to work with Real Estate Investors? If you're a Real Estate Agent or other professional and want to work with real estate investors through your own local real estate investor group, check out our Professional Membership options.