“The time to take counsel of your fears is before you make an important battle decision. That’s the time to listen to every fear you can imagine! When you have collected all the facts and fears and made your decision, turn off all your fears and go ahead!” – George S. Patton
What are your fears relating to real estate?
In this special presentation that I gave on November 2, 2016 in Fort Collins I documented every risk that we could imagine about real estate.
Then, once we’ve named each of our fears, we methodically, one-by-one, went through each risk and we looked at ways that we could avoid it completely. And, in those situations where we could not avoid it completely, we looked at ways to mitigate the downside should that risk become a reality.
The seed of this presentation began as my best friend and I discussed what is riskier: to put nothing down in a deal or to put 20 or 30% down? Ron LeGrand used to say you can’t lose money if you don’t put any money in the deal. And, while that’s true, there may be other factors at risk (like credit and/or reputation) that may also be factors.
The following are improvements I plan to make to this page based on some of my Standard Process Improvement Questions.
There is additional content on this page that is shown to Pro Members only.
Access Locked Content
Upgrade to access additional Premium Nomad resources like:
- Unlimited use of Nomad Calculator Classic
- Track Tasks on Ultimate Nomad Checklists (Outline) BETA
- Access Web-based Bookkeeping and Accounting Application BETA
- Premium Classes
- Asset Protection 101: Overview for Nomads Class
- Asset Protection 102: Document Examples Class
- $6,000 Lease Class
- The Lease Option - The Lease Part II Class
- Fully editable Premium Downloads Personal License
- $6,000 Lease Download in Word format
- Lease-Option Download in Word format
- Rental Application Download in Excel format
- Rental Application Evaluation Worksheet Download in Excel format
- Rental Application Evaluation Criteria Download in Word format
- Move-In Inspection Report Download in Word format
- Nomad Calculator 3™ ALPHA
- James Orr Real Estate Services LLC Client Newsletter
Want to work with Real Estate Investors? If you're a Real Estate Agent or other professional and want to work with real estate investors through your own local real estate investor group, check out our Professional Membership options.